- 1 lb. frozen turkey meat (extra lean)
- BBQ seasoning (I use Gates BBQ seasoning from Kansas City, home of amazing BBQ)
- Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb seasoning (or alternatively, use garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, and dry mustard)
- 1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese (fat-free)
- 1 Tomato, cut into slices
- Leaf Lettuce, 4 Burger-size pieces
- 4 Whole-Wheat Hamburger Buns
1. Form 4 Burger Patties. Sprinkle both sides of burgers with BBQ seasoning and Mrs. Dash.
2. Heat large skillet to medium-high heat. Lightly spray with non-stick butter cooking spray.
3. Place burgers in skillet. Cook for 5 minutes, then flip burger.
4. Add cheese to the top of each burger. Cook for 5 more minutes.
5. Place burger on bun and top with tomato and lettuce.
Pair with baked fries (see BBQ Chicken and Sweet Potato Fries Recipe) or just some fresh veggies or fruit.