Ingredients (4 Servings):
1 lb. Mahi Mahi fillets
2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
2 Mangoes--1 diced/cubed, 1 sliced
1 Cup Pineapple, Diced
1 Lime (or 2 Tbsp Lime Juice
2 Tbsp. Chopped Fresh Cilantro (or 2 Tsp. Dried Cilantro)1/2 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes
1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
4 Servings Brown Rice (would also be good with long-grain rice or risotto--see my Parmesan Tilapia Risotto recipe).
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Or better yet, turn your grill on.
2. Dice/Cube 1 Mango and the Pineapple. Combine in bowl with Lime Juice, Cilantro, Red Pepper Flakes, and Pepper. Sit to let the mixture marinate.
3. Spread Olive Oil on Mahi Mahi fillets (with silicone basting brush) and sprinkle lightly with black pepper.
4. Boil water and start making brown rice (I'll admit it; I used instant brown rice).
5. Place fish in oven for 10-12 minutes, or until fish is opaque and flakes easily with a fork. Alternatively (if you have a grill--which I currently do not), grill for 7 minutes on one side and flip fish for another 5 minutes.
6. Stir 1/3 of the mango salsa in with the rice.
7. Spoon 1/4 of the rice mixture onto a plate. Set Mahi Mahi on the bed of rice. Spoon some of the Mango salsa on top of the fish. Place a few slices of mango on the plate. Wa-La! Start with a simple green salad to add in some veggies.
To drink, a white wine is great, but a Mango-Pineapple Daiquiri is also a nice complement! Recipe to come on that one. Ahh.