Ingredients (4 servings):
- 1 Head of Romaine Lettuce
- 1 lb. Chicken Breasts, cut into 1-2" cubes
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, cut into strips
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, cut into strips
- 2 Ears of Corn, cooked with corn cut off
- 1 Tomato, diced
- 1 Can Black Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese (reduced fat or fat-free)
- 3 Tbsp. Chopped Fresh Cilantro
- 1/2 cup Fat-free sour cream
- 1/2 cup Salsa
- 1 Lime, quartered
1. Heat olive oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Place cubed hicken in skillet and cook for approximately 10 minutes, or until chicken pieces are no longer pink. Remove from heat.
2. Rinse and cut or tear the romaine lettuce. Divide onto four plates.
3. Evenly place the red and green pepper strips on each of the salads.
4. Add the cooked corn (Cooking note: Place ears of corn in boiling water for approximately 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat. Once cooled, use a knife to cut the corn off the cob, rotating the corn as you cut each additional row).
5. Add the black beans to the salads.
6. Place 1/4 of the cheese on each of the 4 salads (1/8 cup each).
7. Add the cooked chicken to each of the salads.
8. Sprinkle fresh cilantro on each salad.
9. Combine the sour cream and salsa and stir well to create the salad dressing. Drizzle on top of salad, or place on the side in a small ramekin.
10. Squeeze one lime wedge on each salad.