Thursday, August 5, 2010
"Indulgent" Banana Bread
5 Dry Ingredients:
1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
1 cup Bread Flour (combo of Whole Wheat & Barley Flour)
1/2 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Baking Powder
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1 1/2 cups Mashed Ripe Bananas (4-5 Bananas)
1 tsp. Skim Milk
1 tsp. Cinnamon
2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
Optional Add-in Ingredient:
6-10 oz Chocolate Chips or Chopped Walnuts
1. Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine the dry ingredients in separate bowl.
3. In Kitchenaid mixer (or regular bowl with hand-mixer), combine "other ingredients" (egg, brown sugar, bananas, milk, cinnamon, and vanilla) on medium speed until well-combined.
4. Reduce mixer speed to medium-low.
Slowly add in dry/flour mixture, just until combined (don't overmix).
5. Optional: Fold in chocolate chips or walnuts
(I added chocolate chips).
6. Pour batter into greased and flour-dusted bread pan.
7. Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
8. Transfer to wire rack and let cool.
PS--My Camera is BACK! Fixed for "only" $211 (sigh).