1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
1 Cup All-Purpose Flour
2 Cups Quick Oats
1 tsp. Baking Powder
1 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Cinnamon
3/4 Cup Butter, Softened (1 1/2 Sticks)
1/2 Cup White Sugar
3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
2 Eggs1 1/4 Cup Ripe Bananas, Mashed (about 3 Large Bananas)
1 1/4 Cup Semi-Sweet or Milk Chocolate Chips
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 9x13 (or 9" square for thicker bars) baking dish with cooking spray (I use butter flavored).
2. Stir together the first six ingredients (whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, oats, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon) in a large bowl. Set aside.
4. Slowly mix in (about a cup at a time) the dry ingredients, just until combined. Don't overmix.
5. Stir in by hand the chocolate chips. Spread mixture into baking dish.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until lightly browned and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
7. Cool and cut into bars.