Sunday, November 20, 2011

Golden-Crusted Brussels Sprouts

I have to share this recipe with you for an absolutely delicious side dish.  Brussels sprouts are a fairly new love of mine and this recipe is so simple, easy, and healthy.  Plus, there are only 4-5 ingredients.  I have been making these often in the winter, ever since I had them prepared similarly at my friend Lindsay's--her also-awesome food blog is here.

Ingredients:
24 Brussels Sprouts, rinsed well
2 Tbsp. Olive Oil, divided
Sea Salt and Black Pepper, to taste
Parmesan Cheese, optional

Directions:
1.  Cut each Brussels Sprout in half, length-wise.  Drizzle 1 Tbsp olive oil over brussels sprouts and rub in.  Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper.
2.  Heat remaining 1 Tbsp. oil in extra-large skillet over medium-low heat.  Add in brussels sprouts, face-down, and cook for 4-5 minutes, or until lightly browned.  Stir them a bit and cook for 1-2 minutes longer.  Remove from heat and serve immediately (sprinkled with Parmesan cheese if you prefer).

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I have to tell my dad- he will be thrilled that he has helped pass the love of brussels along ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! He should be proud. I'll never forget that Christmas dinner. Ever. :)

    ReplyDelete