Serve these pretty muffins for a quick grab 'n go breakfast, an anytime-snack, as dessert, or for a party.
1/4 Cup (1/2 Stick) Light Butter, Softened
1/4 Cup Applesauce
1/2 Cup Light Brown Sugar
1/4 Cup Agave Nectar (or substitute brown/white sugar if you don't have this)
2 Eggs1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1 1/4 Cup Ripe Bananas, Mashed (about 3 Bananas)
1 lb. Frozen or Fresh Strawberries, Cut into Bite-Size Pieces
1 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
1/4 tsp. Baking Soda
1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line a muffin pan with paper liners (or you can spray the muffin cups directly with non-stick cooking spray.
3. In a large bowl, combine the flours, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon. Fold in the strawberries (coating them in the flour helps prevent sinking while baking).
4. With your Kitchenaid, or other mixer, combine the butter, applesauce, brown sugar, and agave until well-combined. Mix in the eggs, one at a time, and then the vanilla and the bananas. Thoroughly mix.
5. Slowly mix the strawberry-flour mixture in with the wet mixture. Don't overmix.
6. Pour batter into muffin cups. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
Cool on wire rack and Enjoy!
Makes 12 Regular-Sized Muffins or 6 Jumbo-Muffins or 24 Mini-Muffins.