recipe for Reese's Peanut Butter Blondie Bars here).
So, these awesome little morsels use Snickers candy bars with peanut butter cookie wrapped around them. Then you drizzle a little chocolate icing on top and wa-la, a sweet treat. Everything in moderation. I won't put extra fats or sugars in most recipes, but I will always still post recipes for sweets. I definitely enjoy unhealthy treats, but I believe a healthy lifestyle includes giving in to chocolate (and other sweets) every once in awhile. Plus, you can always a modify a recipe by using light butter, agave (or other natural sweeteners), whole wheat flour (instead of all all-purpose), etc. I hope you enjoy these!
3/4 Cup Light Butter (1 1/2 Sticks)
3/4 Cup Peanut Butter (I used organic and crunchy, but you can do whatever type you prefer)
1/4 Cup White Sugar
1/4 Cup Agave Nectar (or just use 1/2 Cup total White Sugar)
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
2 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
1 Cup All-Purpose Flour
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Baking Powder
1/2 tsp. Sea Salt
1/4 Cup Cocoa Powder
1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1/2 -1 Tbsp. Milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut candy bars in half or into fourths (I cut them into 4 pieces).
2. Cream together the butter, peanut butter, and sugars. Add in the eggs, one at a time, and the vanilla.
3. Combine the dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Slowly mix the dry ingredients in with the wet mixture (about 1 cup at a time). Don't overmix, just until well-combined.
5. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
1. Combine the icing ingredients (cocoa, powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk) in a small bowl.
2. Drizzle over the cooled cookies.
Let dry and Enjoy!