The day after Halloween, I stared into our still-heaping bowl of Halloween candy and decided to make some blondie bars featuring some of the candy. Although the bars are a quick and easy sweet treat, I'm not sure it was a good idea to make them (because I keep eating them). I used Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, but blondie bars are pretty versatile and you could use a variety of other types of candy (Snickers, Milky Way, M&Ms, and the list goes on).
1 to 1 1/2 Cups Peanut Butter Cups, broke into pieces (I used 6 regular size cups broken up)
1 Cup All-Purpose Flour (could do half whole wheat flour to make a bit healthier)
1/2 tsp. Sea Salt
1/2 Cup (8 Tbsp.) Light Butter, softened
1/2 Cup Light Brown Sugar, packed
1/3 Cup White Sugar (or Agave nectar)
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 8x8 glass baking dish with cooking spray (or line with parchment paper with 1" overhang).
2. Mix together the butter and sugars until well-combined. Add in the egg and vanilla extract and continue mixing.
3. Slowly mix in the flour and salt.
4. By hand, stir in half of the peanut butter cup pieces.
5. Spread batter into baking dish. Sprinkle remaining peanut butter cup pieces on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.